It's almost spring, which means summer is just around the corner. And what better way to celebrate the season than by hosting a pool party! Whether you have a pool of your own or just access to one, there's no denying the appeal of a good old-fashioned pool party. So, grab your swim trunks, sunscreen, and party favors, and let's dive into the top tips for hosting the greatest pool party in the neighborhood.
1. The key to a successful pool party is organization. Start by creating a checklist of everything you need, from pool toys and sunscreen to snacks and drinks. Don't forget to also keep track of who you've invited and any dietary restrictions they may have. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you remember everything important. Also, it is imperative to keep up on your pool cleanings. Reno pool companies like Robert Allen Pools will have everything you need.
Create A Theme And Send Your Invitations
2. Every great party needs a theme, and a pool party is no exception. Whether it's a Hawaiian Luau or a Beach Bash, a theme adds an extra layer of fun to the party. Consider decorating with beach balls, tiki torches, and palm trees to really bring your theme to life. Once you have a plan in place, it's time to send out invitations. You can send out traditional paper invitations or create a Facebook event to invite your guests. Be sure to include all of the details, such as the date, time, and location of the party. Also, include the theme, so your guests can be prepared for the fun.
Provide Plenty Of Seating
3. Having enough seating is essential for any party, and a pool party is no different. Make sure to have plenty of chairs and loungers available for guests to relax and soak up the sun. You can set up chairs, lounges, and even inflatable floats. Consider setting up some shade umbrellas as well, for those who need a break from the heat.
Offer Plenty Of Food And Refreshments
4. A pool party can be hot and thirsty work, so it's important to have plenty of refreshments on hand. Consider serving up cold drinks like lemonade, iced tea, and water, as well as some fruity cocktails for the adults. Set up a snack table with chips, dips, and fresh fruit for guests to munch on throughout the party. You can also set up a BBQ and grill some burgers and hot dogs, shish kabobs, or steaks if you are providing something more substantial. Don't forget the kids, offer up ice cream or popsicles to help cool them off! To make it extra fun plan your drinks and food choices around your theme!
Have Fun Pool Games
5. No pool party is complete without some fun pool games. Consider setting up a volleyball net or basketball hoop for some friendly competition. You can also set up a water balloon toss or a game of Marco Polo. You can also provide floats and pool toys for guests to enjoy. Make sure to have plenty of towels on hand for those who want to take a break and dry off. Another fun way to keep the party going after dark is to set up some string lights or lanterns around the pool to create a warm and inviting atmosphere and provide some light-up toys. Glow sticks, light-up beach balls, and other toys that light up in the dark can add some excitement to the evening.
Have A Back-Up Plan
6. While you may have planned everything down to the last detail, sometimes things don't go as planned. In case of unexpected rain or an unexpected power outage, make sure you have a backup plan. Have some board games or a deck of cards on hand to entertain your guests indoors if needed. And if you have to cancel the party altogether, make sure to have a rain date in mind.
7. While having fun is important, safety should always be a top priority when hosting a pool party. Make sure to have a designated lifeguard on duty or at least someone who is a strong swimmer and knows CPR. Keep a first aid kit on hand, and make sure all guests are aware of the pool rules and safety guidelines, such as no running, diving, or horseplay. You can also provide life jackets or other floatation devices for those who may need them It's important to keep safety in mind when providing lighting around the pool area also. Make sure that all lighting is secure and that there are no tripping hazards. You should also make sure that all guests are aware of any potential hazards, such as steps or changes in elevation.
Make It Instagram Worthy With Fun Activities
8. Let's face it, no party is complete without a good Instagram post. While the pool is the main attraction, it's important to have some fun activities for guests to enjoy when they're not swimming. Consider creating a poolside photo backdrop or some fun pool floats for guests to pose with. Depending on your budget, you can hire a DJ, rent a karaoke machine, or set up a movie projector by the pool. If you have the space, you can also set up some lawn games, like cornhole or ladder toss. And for the kids, consider renting a bounce house or a water slide. No matter what you choose, make sure there is something for everyone to enjoy. Encourage guests to use a specific hashtag so you can easily find and share their photos on social media.
Keep The Music Going
9. Music is an essential part of any pool party, and it can make or break the atmosphere. Create a playlist of summer hits that guests can dance to while they're lounging by the pool. Make sure to have enough speakers so the music can be heard throughout the party space. By providing some great tunes, you can keep your guests entertained, create a fun and lively environment, and make sure that everyone has a great time. Whether you choose to create a playlist or hire a DJ, don't forget to keep the volume at a reasonable level, so that everyone can enjoy the music.
Say Thank You
10. Last but not least, don't forget to say thank you to your guests for coming. Saying thank you is an important part of hosting any party, and it's no different when it comes to a pool party. Your guests took the time to come and celebrate with you, so it's important to show your appreciation.
A way to show your appreciation is by sending out thank you cards or notes or giving out party favors. These can be small items like sunglasses, sunscreen, pool toys, or something as simple as a fresh lemonade or iced tea in a to-go cup, or a small bag of candy or chocolates. Make sure to choose items that are relevant to the pool party theme and that your guests will enjoy.
With these tips in mind, you're ready to host the greatest pool party in the neighborhood. Visit Robert Allen Pools and Spas for the best pools in Reno. Just remember to have fun, be prepared, and put safety first. And most importantly, enjoy the time spent with family and friends, making memories that will last a lifetime.